Move to block mass contact programme unfortunate: Chandy
Thiruvananthapuram: Terming as "unfortunate" the CPI(M)-led LDF Opposition`s plan to block the "Jana Samparka Paripadi" (people`s mass contact programme) on the solar panel scam issues starting Friday, Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy today said LDF move was politically motivated.
"All issues connected with the scam, including allegations against me and my office have come under the purview of the judicial probe announced and so the LDF protest is politically motivated", Chandy told reporters here.
Terms and references covered all allegations levelled by the Opposition, Chandy said.
LDF decided to block the programme as part of their agitation demanding Chandy`s resignation over the solar scam.
Chandy said Jana Samparka Paripadi was to bridge the gap between people and the government and wanted the LDF to reconsider their decision.
Nearly one lakh applications on various issues had already been received as complaints were received on-line for the second phase of the programme, which was acclaimed by even the United Nations.
The mass contact programme starting tomorrow here will cover all 14 districts and end on November 26.
During the programme, Chandy will meet people, listen to their complaints and ensure that these are sorted out by officials.
Ever since the solar panel scam broke out, LDF has been blocking the Chief Minister`s programmes.
The second phase the programme, originally scheduled to be held in August, had to be cancelled over the Left`s protest.
The solar scam pertains to cheating of scores of people by accused Biju Radhakrishnan and Saritha Nair, both under arrest, by offering clients solar energy solutions. They allegedly flaunted their clout in the CM`s office to dupe the unsuspecting clients.
Meanwhile, security has been tightened near the Central Stadium here where the programme was scheduled for tomorrow.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption