Mullaperiyar: Kerala for out of court resolution
New Delhi: Kerala on Tuesday said it was ready
for an out of court settlement to the Mullaperiyar Dam row
with Tamil Nadu due to the time factor involved in it.
"Kerala is still ready for an out of court settlement,"
Chief Minister Oommen Chandy told reporters after meeting
Water Resources Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal here.
Stating that his Government has full faith in judiciary,
he said the effort to settle the crisis out of court was "just
because of the time factor involved in it."
"Every moment is important for Kerala as it is the matter
of safety of millions of people. At the same time, we know
that water also is of prime importance to our neighbour," the
Chief Minister said.
Chandy also said Kerala is ready for discussion with
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa to amicably settle the
The Chief Minister met Bansal to apprise him of the
latest development on the issue and not to seek any assurance
from the Centre.
Chandy also met E Sreedharan, who recently retired as the
Chief of the Delhi Metro, to seek his cooperation in the Kochi
Metro project in the state.
He said Sreedharan has assured his full cooperation to
On Sreedharan`s demand that the construction work of the
Kochi Metro should be given to Delhi Metro Rail Corporation,
Chandy said the issue would be discussed on January 12 when
Sreedharan comes for attending the state planning commission
The Chief Minister, who came from Jaipur after attending
the Pravasi Bharatiya Divas, criticised Gujarat Chief Minister
for utilising the venue of NRI summit for scoring political
Modi had used the Pravasi Bharatiya Divas platform to
attack the Centre saying that states ruled by Opposition
parties do not have its "blessings" and said whatever his
state has achieved on the development front was on its own
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!