Mullaperiyar: Kerala for out of court resolution
New Delhi: Kerala on Tuesday said it was ready
for an out of court settlement to the Mullaperiyar Dam row
with Tamil Nadu due to the time factor involved in it.
"Kerala is still ready for an out of court settlement,"
Chief Minister Oommen Chandy told reporters after meeting
Water Resources Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal here.
Stating that his Government has full faith in judiciary,
he said the effort to settle the crisis out of court was "just
because of the time factor involved in it."
"Every moment is important for Kerala as it is the matter
of safety of millions of people. At the same time, we know
that water also is of prime importance to our neighbour," the
Chief Minister said.
Chandy also said Kerala is ready for discussion with
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa to amicably settle the
The Chief Minister met Bansal to apprise him of the
latest development on the issue and not to seek any assurance
from the Centre.
Chandy also met E Sreedharan, who recently retired as the
Chief of the Delhi Metro, to seek his cooperation in the Kochi
Metro project in the state.
He said Sreedharan has assured his full cooperation to
On Sreedharan`s demand that the construction work of the
Kochi Metro should be given to Delhi Metro Rail Corporation,
Chandy said the issue would be discussed on January 12 when
Sreedharan comes for attending the state planning commission
The Chief Minister, who came from Jaipur after attending
the Pravasi Bharatiya Divas, criticised Gujarat Chief Minister
for utilising the venue of NRI summit for scoring political
Modi had used the Pravasi Bharatiya Divas platform to
attack the Centre saying that states ruled by Opposition
parties do not have its "blessings" and said whatever his
state has achieved on the development front was on its own
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users