Mullaperiyar: PC Thomas undertakes padyatra
Kochi: Demanding an amicable settlement of the Mullaperiyar Dam issue, former Union Minister PC Thomas on Monday launched a padyatra from this city to Kumily in Idukki district.
Thomas along with his followers began the journey from Rajendra Maidan here this morning after garlanding a statue of Mahatma Gandhi.
Citing safety concerns, Kerala has been insisting on building a new dam in place of the more than 116-year-old structure, a stand opposed by Tamil Nadu, which controls the existing reservoir that irrigates five southern districts in
the state, saying it was as safe as a new one.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!