Mullaperiyar: PC Thomas undertakes padyatra
Kochi: Demanding an amicable settlement of the Mullaperiyar Dam issue, former Union Minister PC Thomas on Monday launched a padyatra from this city to Kumily in Idukki district.
Thomas along with his followers began the journey from Rajendra Maidan here this morning after garlanding a statue of Mahatma Gandhi.
Citing safety concerns, Kerala has been insisting on building a new dam in place of the more than 116-year-old structure, a stand opposed by Tamil Nadu, which controls the existing reservoir that irrigates five southern districts in
the state, saying it was as safe as a new one.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof