Mullaperiyar: PC Thomas undertakes padyatra
Kochi: Demanding an amicable settlement of the Mullaperiyar Dam issue, former Union Minister PC Thomas on Monday launched a padyatra from this city to Kumily in Idukki district.
Thomas along with his followers began the journey from Rajendra Maidan here this morning after garlanding a statue of Mahatma Gandhi.
Citing safety concerns, Kerala has been insisting on building a new dam in place of the more than 116-year-old structure, a stand opposed by Tamil Nadu, which controls the existing reservoir that irrigates five southern districts in
the state, saying it was as safe as a new one.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda