Mullaperiyar report not a `victory` against Kerala
Chennai: DMK president M Karunanidhi on Saturday said that the Supreme Court Empowered Committee report on Mullaperiyar dam`s safety should not be construed as a `victory` against Kerala, and it was only a matter of upholding Tamil Nadu`s rights.
"There is no war happening between Tamil Nadu and Kerala and this is not a matter of victory or loss. It is only a matter of upholding of our rights," he told reporters here.
On the Committee`s report vouching for the safety of the 119 year-old dam and that there was no need for a new structure, Karunanidhi said, "that is what we have been saying."
The Empowered Committee had on Friday in its report vouched for the safety of the 119 year-old dam, which has led to a stand-off between Tamil Nadu and Kerala.
Kerala insists that the existing dam be demolished on the grounds of safety while Tamil Nadu holds that it is strong.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Athlete Dutee Chand qualifies for Rio Olympics in 100m sprint
- Enthusiasm in social networking may earn you a job: ASSOCHAM report
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- Haryana gang-rape victim sends notice to Salman Khan
- Amit Shah's dig at Akhilesh Yadav: Will Barack Obama maintain law and order in UP
- Mutual Funds pump in Rs 7,200-crore in stock markets in April-June
- Vikram Bhatt rips apart Kamaal R Khan through FB post! – Full text
- Google may launch its own handset to take on Apple