Mullaperiyar report not a `victory` against Kerala
Chennai: DMK president M Karunanidhi on Saturday said that the Supreme Court Empowered Committee report on Mullaperiyar dam`s safety should not be construed as a `victory` against Kerala, and it was only a matter of upholding Tamil Nadu`s rights.
"There is no war happening between Tamil Nadu and Kerala and this is not a matter of victory or loss. It is only a matter of upholding of our rights," he told reporters here.
On the Committee`s report vouching for the safety of the 119 year-old dam and that there was no need for a new structure, Karunanidhi said, "that is what we have been saying."
The Empowered Committee had on Friday in its report vouched for the safety of the 119 year-old dam, which has led to a stand-off between Tamil Nadu and Kerala.
Kerala insists that the existing dam be demolished on the grounds of safety while Tamil Nadu holds that it is strong.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video