Mullaperiyar report not a `victory` against Kerala
Chennai: DMK president M Karunanidhi on Saturday said that the Supreme Court Empowered Committee report on Mullaperiyar dam`s safety should not be construed as a `victory` against Kerala, and it was only a matter of upholding Tamil Nadu`s rights.
"There is no war happening between Tamil Nadu and Kerala and this is not a matter of victory or loss. It is only a matter of upholding of our rights," he told reporters here.
On the Committee`s report vouching for the safety of the 119 year-old dam and that there was no need for a new structure, Karunanidhi said, "that is what we have been saying."
The Empowered Committee had on Friday in its report vouched for the safety of the 119 year-old dam, which has led to a stand-off between Tamil Nadu and Kerala.
Kerala insists that the existing dam be demolished on the grounds of safety while Tamil Nadu holds that it is strong.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers