Murder probe in right direction: Oommen Chandy
Thiruvananthapuram: Investigation in the murder of diamond trader and member of royal family Harihara Varma is moving in the right direction, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Wednesday said.
Police was probing the case and investigation is in the right direction, Chandy told reporter after a cabinet meeting.
Asked about the demand for a CBI probe made by CPI-M veteran and State Opposition leader in the Assembly, V S Achuthanandan, Chandy said police was probing the case and it was expected that the accused would be arrested soon.
Harihara Varma was found murdered during a robbery bid at a house at Puthoorkonam in nearby Vattiyoorkavu on Monday last.
A Special police team headed by Deputy Commissioner of Police Putta Vimaladitya is probing the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam