Murder probe progressing in right direction: DGP
Kannur: Investigation in the murder of Revolutionary Marxist Party leader TP Chandrasekharan is moving in the right direction and those involved would be arrested soon, DGP Jacob Punnoose on Monday said.
Punnoose was here to attend a high-level meeting of police officials including the Special Investigation Team (SIT) probing the murder.
Kerala Home minister Thiruvanchoor Radhakrishnan would preside.
To a question, the DGP said he had never said that the murder was not political.
On the day of the killing of RMP leader on May 4, when mediapersons met the DGP here, Punnoose had said that it was a heinous murder. "I don`t use the word political," he had reportedly said in response to a question.
Radhakrishnan and all UDF leaders including Chief Minister Oommen Chandy and KPCC President Ramesh Chennithala had been maintaining that it was a political murder.
Left Coordination Committee (LCC), comprising those expelled from CPI-M, had even demanded clarification from the Police Chief on what grounds the SIT let off on bail C Babu, office secretary of CPI(M) area committee at Koothuparambu, soon after his arrest in connection with the case.
CPI(M) leader M V Jayarajan had staged a sit-in protest before the Vadakara police station demanding release of Babu, couple of days ago.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000