Murder probe progressing in right direction: DGP
Kannur: Investigation in the murder of Revolutionary Marxist Party leader TP Chandrasekharan is moving in the right direction and those involved would be arrested soon, DGP Jacob Punnoose on Monday said.
Punnoose was here to attend a high-level meeting of police officials including the Special Investigation Team (SIT) probing the murder.
Kerala Home minister Thiruvanchoor Radhakrishnan would preside.
To a question, the DGP said he had never said that the murder was not political.
On the day of the killing of RMP leader on May 4, when mediapersons met the DGP here, Punnoose had said that it was a heinous murder. "I don`t use the word political," he had reportedly said in response to a question.
Radhakrishnan and all UDF leaders including Chief Minister Oommen Chandy and KPCC President Ramesh Chennithala had been maintaining that it was a political murder.
Left Coordination Committee (LCC), comprising those expelled from CPI-M, had even demanded clarification from the Police Chief on what grounds the SIT let off on bail C Babu, office secretary of CPI(M) area committee at Koothuparambu, soon after his arrest in connection with the case.
CPI(M) leader M V Jayarajan had staged a sit-in protest before the Vadakara police station demanding release of Babu, couple of days ago.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video