Muthoot murder case: Police given permission for poly test
Alappuzha (Kerala): A local court on Tuesday
granted permission to a police team probing the murder of
businessman Paul Muthoot George for conducting polygraph test
on two gangsters figuring in the list of accused in the case.
Police had argued that subjecting the duo-- Om Prakash
and Puthenpalam Rajesh-- for polygraph test and narco analysis
was necessary to ascertain their involvement in the crime.
The First Class Magistrate Court at Ramankari near
here granted the permission on a petition filed by police.
Om Prakash and Rajesh, both proclaimed offenders
wanted in several cases, had travelled with George the day he
was fatally stabbed by members of a gang, who were on their
way to carry out a criminal operation. George was killed near
here on August 22.
During interrogation Prakash and Rajesh had told
police that they did not commit the crime but had fled fearing
arrest after the gangsters stabbed George following a scuffle.
The duo surrendered in Tirunelveli in Tamil Nadu on
September 8. A total of 24 persons have been arrested in
connection with the case.
George was executive director of Kerala-based Muthoot
Group which has interests in several areas including finance
and hospitality industry.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Lok Sabha passes child labour Bill despite opposition from children's rights activists
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister
- Narshingh Yadav doping scandal: ‘Intruder’ who may have spiked wrestler's food identified?
- IMF says Egypt seeking financial support
- Pacer Kagiso Rabada scoops six South African awards