Muthoot murder case: Police given permission for poly test
Alappuzha (Kerala): A local court on Tuesday
granted permission to a police team probing the murder of
businessman Paul Muthoot George for conducting polygraph test
on two gangsters figuring in the list of accused in the case.
Police had argued that subjecting the duo-- Om Prakash
and Puthenpalam Rajesh-- for polygraph test and narco analysis
was necessary to ascertain their involvement in the crime.
The First Class Magistrate Court at Ramankari near
here granted the permission on a petition filed by police.
Om Prakash and Rajesh, both proclaimed offenders
wanted in several cases, had travelled with George the day he
was fatally stabbed by members of a gang, who were on their
way to carry out a criminal operation. George was killed near
here on August 22.
During interrogation Prakash and Rajesh had told
police that they did not commit the crime but had fled fearing
arrest after the gangsters stabbed George following a scuffle.
The duo surrendered in Tirunelveli in Tamil Nadu on
September 8. A total of 24 persons have been arrested in
connection with the case.
George was executive director of Kerala-based Muthoot
Group which has interests in several areas including finance
and hospitality industry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!