Muthoot murder: CBI`s plea for custody of 10 accused rejected
Kochi: A local court today rejected the plea of CBI, investigating the murder of prominent businessmen Paul Muthoot George, for custody of 10 accused for interrogation, but it allowed their questioning in sub-jail premises here.
When the petition filed by CBI Assistant Superintendent of Police Nandakumar came up, Ernakulam Chief Judicial Magistrate K A Baby said the probe agency is conducting
further investigation and not re-investigation.
Hence the prayer for further remand in police custody of the accused cannot be granted, the court said.
It is true that custodial interrogation of the accused is most urgent and hence the CBI can question the 10 accused -- Jayachandran, Satheesh Kumar, Sathar, Abi, Sujith, Sulfikkar,
Faisal, Sabeer, Omprakash and P Rajesh -- in the Ernakulam sub jail from 9 am to 5 pm for a week from today. The accused can be questioned in isolation or collectively, the court held.
George, scion of the multi-crore Muthoot group, was hacked to death by a criminal gang in August last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?