Muthoot murder: CBI`s plea for custody of 10 accused rejected
Kochi: A local court today rejected the plea of CBI, investigating the murder of prominent businessmen Paul Muthoot George, for custody of 10 accused for interrogation, but it allowed their questioning in sub-jail premises here.
When the petition filed by CBI Assistant Superintendent of Police Nandakumar came up, Ernakulam Chief Judicial Magistrate K A Baby said the probe agency is conducting
further investigation and not re-investigation.
Hence the prayer for further remand in police custody of the accused cannot be granted, the court said.
It is true that custodial interrogation of the accused is most urgent and hence the CBI can question the 10 accused -- Jayachandran, Satheesh Kumar, Sathar, Abi, Sujith, Sulfikkar,
Faisal, Sabeer, Omprakash and P Rajesh -- in the Ernakulam sub jail from 9 am to 5 pm for a week from today. The accused can be questioned in isolation or collectively, the court held.
George, scion of the multi-crore Muthoot group, was hacked to death by a criminal gang in August last year.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader