Narendra Modi not untouchable: Kerala govt chief whip PC George
Kottayam: Continuing his defiant attitude in the Congress led ruling UDF, government Chief Whip and KC-M nominee PC George on Wednesday said BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi was not an "untouchable".
George also took exception to the decision of a group of legislatures from the state to cancel a visit to Surat to study the waste management schemes.
The team consisting members from both ruling UDF and CPI-M led LDF opposition had cancelled the programme fearing political back lash in the state.
Talking to reporters here today, George, who was under attack from Congress for attending the `Run for Unity` programme organised by BJP, said he would not mind to attend public functions held by BJP.
"The Congress leaders by criticising me for attending a function to honour Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel is actually humiliating Patel", George said.
Referring to the issues in Congress in the state, George said KPCC president Ramesh Chennithala should be inducted into the Ministry headed by Oommen Chandy to resolve the problems in that party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi