Narendra Modi not untouchable: Kerala govt chief whip PC George
Kottayam: Continuing his defiant attitude in the Congress led ruling UDF, government Chief Whip and KC-M nominee PC George on Wednesday said BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi was not an "untouchable".
George also took exception to the decision of a group of legislatures from the state to cancel a visit to Surat to study the waste management schemes.
The team consisting members from both ruling UDF and CPI-M led LDF opposition had cancelled the programme fearing political back lash in the state.
Talking to reporters here today, George, who was under attack from Congress for attending the `Run for Unity` programme organised by BJP, said he would not mind to attend public functions held by BJP.
"The Congress leaders by criticising me for attending a function to honour Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel is actually humiliating Patel", George said.
Referring to the issues in Congress in the state, George said KPCC president Ramesh Chennithala should be inducted into the Ministry headed by Oommen Chandy to resolve the problems in that party.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Cow slaughter should be banned across the country; Muslims should stop eating meat: Azam Khan
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials