Narendra Modi to address rally in Kerala capital on Feburary 09
Thiruvananthapuram: Gujarat Chief Minister and BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi will address a party rally here on February 9.
The same day, Modi will speak at a public meeting in Kochi organised by Kerala Pulayar Mahasabha (KPMS), the oufit of one Kerala`s leading Scheduled Caste communities.
Ahead of Modi`s visit, BJP workers will conduct door-to-door visits across the state to invite people to attend their leader`s rally, party`s state unit President V Muraleedharan told a press meet here on Tuesday.
The rally, to be held in Shankumugham beach in the state capital, will be attended by party workers and sympathisers mostly from the southern districts.
However, the booth level workers and representatives from the length and breadth of the state would be converging here on the occasion.
The Kochi meeting was entirely organised by KPMS, some of whose concerns the BJP shared, he said.
For instance, the BJP was the only party that was opposed to extension of reservation to Christian converts from Dalit communities and KPMS also had the same stand, the BJP leader said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- French Open 2016: Andy Murray, Stan Wawrinka face Czech challenge in Paris
- Iraq PM announces start of operation to retake Fallujah
- Amnesty warns Yemen civilians face cluster bombs `minefields`
- KTM 1290 Super Duke R based Husqvarna 1301 spotted testing
- 17 girls dead in fire at school dormitory in Thailand