Navy`s Airborne Tacticians complete training
Kochi: Seventeen officers, including one each from Sri Lanka and Bangladesh navies, on Tuesday graduated from the Observer School as Airborne Tacticians at the Naval base here.
Of the officers, 11 are from the Indian Navy and four from the Coast Guard.
The graduate Observers were awarded `Wings` at an impressive passing out parade by Rear Admiral Balvinder Singh Parhar, Flag Officer Naval Aviation, a Naval press release said.
The graduating course, comprising 12 men and five women officers, were trained in Tactics employed in Air Warfare, Anti-Submarine Warfare, Electronic Warfare and Communication in addition to basic Air Navigation and flying procedures.
Lieutenant Commander Umesh Singh was awarded Uttar Pradesh Trophy and the Flag Officer Commanding in-Chief, Eastern Naval Command rolling trophy for being adjudged first in overall order of merit and standing first in flying.
Lieutenant MK Singh was awarded the Sub Lt RV Kunte Memorial book prize for standing first in ground subjects and Asst. Commandant Neetu Singh Bartwal was adjudged first in overall order of merit and best in ground subjects from among Short Service Commission Officers.
While Asst Commandant Gunjan Shukla was adjudged best in flying, Lieutenant M D Moinul Haque Khan of the Bangladesh Navy was adjudged the best Foreign Trainee Observer.
Captain Himanshu Sapre, Commanding Officer of INS Garuda conducted the parade. Commander Vijayant Singh, Officer in Charge of the Observer School and several senior Navy Officers witnessed the event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez