Navy`s Airborne Tacticians complete training
Kochi: Seventeen officers, including one each from Sri Lanka and Bangladesh navies, on Tuesday graduated from the Observer School as Airborne Tacticians at the Naval base here.
Of the officers, 11 are from the Indian Navy and four from the Coast Guard.
The graduate Observers were awarded `Wings` at an impressive passing out parade by Rear Admiral Balvinder Singh Parhar, Flag Officer Naval Aviation, a Naval press release said.
The graduating course, comprising 12 men and five women officers, were trained in Tactics employed in Air Warfare, Anti-Submarine Warfare, Electronic Warfare and Communication in addition to basic Air Navigation and flying procedures.
Lieutenant Commander Umesh Singh was awarded Uttar Pradesh Trophy and the Flag Officer Commanding in-Chief, Eastern Naval Command rolling trophy for being adjudged first in overall order of merit and standing first in flying.
Lieutenant MK Singh was awarded the Sub Lt RV Kunte Memorial book prize for standing first in ground subjects and Asst. Commandant Neetu Singh Bartwal was adjudged first in overall order of merit and best in ground subjects from among Short Service Commission Officers.
While Asst Commandant Gunjan Shukla was adjudged best in flying, Lieutenant M D Moinul Haque Khan of the Bangladesh Navy was adjudged the best Foreign Trainee Observer.
Captain Himanshu Sapre, Commanding Officer of INS Garuda conducted the parade. Commander Vijayant Singh, Officer in Charge of the Observer School and several senior Navy Officers witnessed the event.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH