Navy`s Airborne Tacticians complete training
Kochi: Seventeen officers, including one each from Sri Lanka and Bangladesh navies, on Tuesday graduated from the Observer School as Airborne Tacticians at the Naval base here.
Of the officers, 11 are from the Indian Navy and four from the Coast Guard.
The graduate Observers were awarded `Wings` at an impressive passing out parade by Rear Admiral Balvinder Singh Parhar, Flag Officer Naval Aviation, a Naval press release said.
The graduating course, comprising 12 men and five women officers, were trained in Tactics employed in Air Warfare, Anti-Submarine Warfare, Electronic Warfare and Communication in addition to basic Air Navigation and flying procedures.
Lieutenant Commander Umesh Singh was awarded Uttar Pradesh Trophy and the Flag Officer Commanding in-Chief, Eastern Naval Command rolling trophy for being adjudged first in overall order of merit and standing first in flying.
Lieutenant MK Singh was awarded the Sub Lt RV Kunte Memorial book prize for standing first in ground subjects and Asst. Commandant Neetu Singh Bartwal was adjudged first in overall order of merit and best in ground subjects from among Short Service Commission Officers.
While Asst Commandant Gunjan Shukla was adjudged best in flying, Lieutenant M D Moinul Haque Khan of the Bangladesh Navy was adjudged the best Foreign Trainee Observer.
Captain Himanshu Sapre, Commanding Officer of INS Garuda conducted the parade. Commander Vijayant Singh, Officer in Charge of the Observer School and several senior Navy Officers witnessed the event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader