`Need to ensure adequate representation of Left at govt in Centre`
Kozhikode: CPI(M) General Secretary Prakash Karat on Wednesday emphasised the need to ensure adequate representation of Left parties at a government at the Centre to bring in alternative people-friendly policies.
"CPI(M), with the cooperation of 11 other parties, has already issued a joint declaration at Delhi for a strong alternative to BJP and Congress," he said.
Karat was addressing the concluding session of the party`s Kerala Raksha March` led by state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan.
The CPI(M) leader alleged the UPA government has created `a new record` in corruption, corporatisation and perpetrating anti-people policies. "UPA government has institutionalised corruption in the country," he said.
Karat took strong exception to the Centre`s move to bring in five ordinances against corruption `in haste` after the final Lok Sabha session.
Attacking BJP, he alleged it was trying to project itself as an alternative to Congress but was also following right-wing economic policies favouring corporates. "Both BJP and Congress are two sides of the same coin."
The CPI(M) leader termed Congress as a sinking ship and said both Congress and BJP should be defeated at the hustings.
Vijayan exuded confidence that Congress-led United Democratic Front in Kerala would be defeated in coming Lok Sabha polls.
Among those spoke were CPI(M) politbureau members Kodiyeri Balakrishnan and M A Baby.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray