Need to give more opportunities to the younger generation: Narendra Modi
Kochi: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday said India which has largest number of youth population, should give them more opportunities and dream big.
Addressing delegates of the Gujarat state session at the Pravasi Bhartiya Divas here through video conferencing from Ahmedabad, he described the younger generation as Yuva Sampath.
"We should make them masters. We should provide them better work environment, make changes in rules and regulations, change our priorities, if needed, to ensure this," he said.
Modi said the he would strive to utilize the services of the younger generation in the state for Gujarat’s progress and prosperity.
Stating that contribution of women in the agriculture sector was immense, he said "We need to make more efforts for women’s empowerment. Fifty per cent of India’s population comprises of the fairer sex. If we can utilize their services to the maximum we can reach greater heights, he said.
Gujarat had faced lot of water problem. "We have very few rivers.. But using technology and science, our agriculture production in the last decade has touched over 10 percent," he said.
The state was giving lot of thrust for infrastructure including development of power sector, gas grid, optical fibres, 24x7 uninterrupted power supply. As many as 18,000 villages had internet facility, he said.
Modi said he had requested the union government to allow Gujarat to celebrate 2015, the centenary year of Gandhiji’s arrival from Africa.
The Chief minister, who spoke in Hindi, received applause and cheers by the Gujarati diaspora.
Modi also interacted with the delegates. One of them described Modi as Lion King and wanted him to become Prime Minister in 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!