`Neo-liberal path has heightened inequalities`
Kozhikode: Holding that economic policies
pursued by UPA had only further heightened inequalities, CPI-M
General Secretary Prakash Karat on Monday said his party`s
endeavour was to gather all sections around a left democratic
platform, which alone can be an alternative to the neo-liberal
"...We have seen in our own country how the neo-liberal
policies pursued by our ruling classes and by UPA Government
at the Centre had further heightened inequalities and further
intensified exploitation of the working people," he said.
The neo-liberal path of capitalism cannot solve people`s
basic problems whether it was unemployment or the crisis faced
by the farmers or the lack of basic facilities, he said
inaugurating a `History exhibition` organised as part of the
20th CPI(M) Party Congress to be held here from April 4 to 9.
The struggle to reverse the neo-liberal capitalist
policies and to gather all sections of the working classes
around a left democratic platform, the only platform which can
be a real alternative to the bourgeois land lord policies, was
the endeavour of the CPI(M) today, he said.
"As against our efforts, the efforts of the ruling classes
and the parties like Congress and BJP is to divide the people
along the lines of caste, religion, community and to see that
the people cannot be united to overthrow the existing
burgeoise land lord orders," he alleged.
Stating that such forces had to be isolated, he said: `We
have to ensure that we fulfill the historic responsibility in
India of building a powerful left democratic front and able to
present an alternative before the people`.
He said all these issues would be discussed in the CPI(M)
Party Congress. "We have already released the draft political
resolution that will be discussed at the party Congress which
will provide the political direction for our party in the
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof