New faces in Kerala Congress, Chennithala remains chief
New Delhi: Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Monday reconstituted the various party units in Kerala, bringing in many new faces. Ramesh Chennithala, however, remains chief of the state party unit.
"The Congress president has approved the proposal for reconstituting the Kerala Pradesh Congress Committee," said a release issued by party general secretary Janardan Dwivedi here.
According to party sources, while the Congress chief brought in Laly Vincent, Bharatipuram Sasi and AK Mani as new vice presidents, party veteran and former chief minister K Karunakaran`s daughter Padmaja Venugopal has been made general secretary.
New faces have also been brought in at the level of joint secretaries and district unit chiefs, said sources.
Congress sources said reconstitution of Kerala units could not be done last year because of Assembly elections in the southern state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!