New faces in Kerala Congress, Chennithala remains chief
New Delhi: Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Monday reconstituted the various party units in Kerala, bringing in many new faces. Ramesh Chennithala, however, remains chief of the state party unit.
"The Congress president has approved the proposal for reconstituting the Kerala Pradesh Congress Committee," said a release issued by party general secretary Janardan Dwivedi here.
According to party sources, while the Congress chief brought in Laly Vincent, Bharatipuram Sasi and AK Mani as new vice presidents, party veteran and former chief minister K Karunakaran`s daughter Padmaja Venugopal has been made general secretary.
New faces have also been brought in at the level of joint secretaries and district unit chiefs, said sources.
Congress sources said reconstitution of Kerala units could not be done last year because of Assembly elections in the southern state.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- 26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed announces 'jihad to free Pakistani rivers from India'
- Chinese ship inaugurates expanded Panama Canal
- Euro 2016: Germany cruise into last eight with 3-0 Slovakia win
- Security in Kashmir reviewed following Pampore attack; Amarnath Yatra to begin soon
- Southwest monsoon progresses in Gujarat