New faces in Kerala Congress, Chennithala remains chief
New Delhi: Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Monday reconstituted the various party units in Kerala, bringing in many new faces. Ramesh Chennithala, however, remains chief of the state party unit.
"The Congress president has approved the proposal for reconstituting the Kerala Pradesh Congress Committee," said a release issued by party general secretary Janardan Dwivedi here.
According to party sources, while the Congress chief brought in Laly Vincent, Bharatipuram Sasi and AK Mani as new vice presidents, party veteran and former chief minister K Karunakaran`s daughter Padmaja Venugopal has been made general secretary.
New faces have also been brought in at the level of joint secretaries and district unit chiefs, said sources.
Congress sources said reconstitution of Kerala units could not be done last year because of Assembly elections in the southern state.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test