New faces in Kerala Congress, Chennithala remains chief
New Delhi: Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Monday reconstituted the various party units in Kerala, bringing in many new faces. Ramesh Chennithala, however, remains chief of the state party unit.
"The Congress president has approved the proposal for reconstituting the Kerala Pradesh Congress Committee," said a release issued by party general secretary Janardan Dwivedi here.
According to party sources, while the Congress chief brought in Laly Vincent, Bharatipuram Sasi and AK Mani as new vice presidents, party veteran and former chief minister K Karunakaran`s daughter Padmaja Venugopal has been made general secretary.
New faces have also been brought in at the level of joint secretaries and district unit chiefs, said sources.
Congress sources said reconstitution of Kerala units could not be done last year because of Assembly elections in the southern state.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video