New faces in Kerala Congress, Chennithala remains chief
New Delhi: Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Monday reconstituted the various party units in Kerala, bringing in many new faces. Ramesh Chennithala, however, remains chief of the state party unit.
"The Congress president has approved the proposal for reconstituting the Kerala Pradesh Congress Committee," said a release issued by party general secretary Janardan Dwivedi here.
According to party sources, while the Congress chief brought in Laly Vincent, Bharatipuram Sasi and AK Mani as new vice presidents, party veteran and former chief minister K Karunakaran`s daughter Padmaja Venugopal has been made general secretary.
New faces have also been brought in at the level of joint secretaries and district unit chiefs, said sources.
Congress sources said reconstitution of Kerala units could not be done last year because of Assembly elections in the southern state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30