NIA founder DG hospitalized in Kochi
New Delhi: Founder Director General of National Investigation Agency (NIA) R V Raju has been admitted to a hospital in Kochi where his condition is stated to be serious.
62-year-old Raju has been put on a ventilator and doctors attending on him were closely monitoring his vital parametres, family sources said.
They said the next 48 hours were crucial.
The soft-spoken Raju was appointed on January 19, 2009 as the first Chief of NIA set up in the wake of 26/11 Mumbai terror strikes.
A 1975 batch IPS officer of Jammu and Kashmir cadre, Raju handled the case of the US citizen Lashker-e-Taiba David Headley and led a team in breaking his estranged Moroccon wife Fauzia Outullah.
Before being appointed as NIA Chief, Raju was the Director General (Vigilance) of Jammu and Kashmir.
Considered as one of the finest officers, Raju was associated with probes into Rajiv Gandhi assassination case, hijacking of Indian Airlines plane to Kandahar in 1999 and Naval war room leak.
Serving as head of the Vigilance Bureau in Jammu and Kashmir earlier, Raju streamlined the department which was in a shambles due to militancy.
His investigation had brought to light the alleged misappropriation by Maulvi Ifthikar Hussain Ansari, a former minister in Mufti Mohd Sayeed`s cabinet.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest