NIA founder DG hospitalized in Kochi
New Delhi: Founder Director General of National Investigation Agency (NIA) R V Raju has been admitted to a hospital in Kochi where his condition is stated to be serious.
62-year-old Raju has been put on a ventilator and doctors attending on him were closely monitoring his vital parametres, family sources said.
They said the next 48 hours were crucial.
The soft-spoken Raju was appointed on January 19, 2009 as the first Chief of NIA set up in the wake of 26/11 Mumbai terror strikes.
A 1975 batch IPS officer of Jammu and Kashmir cadre, Raju handled the case of the US citizen Lashker-e-Taiba David Headley and led a team in breaking his estranged Moroccon wife Fauzia Outullah.
Before being appointed as NIA Chief, Raju was the Director General (Vigilance) of Jammu and Kashmir.
Considered as one of the finest officers, Raju was associated with probes into Rajiv Gandhi assassination case, hijacking of Indian Airlines plane to Kandahar in 1999 and Naval war room leak.
Serving as head of the Vigilance Bureau in Jammu and Kashmir earlier, Raju streamlined the department which was in a shambles due to militancy.
His investigation had brought to light the alleged misappropriation by Maulvi Ifthikar Hussain Ansari, a former minister in Mufti Mohd Sayeed`s cabinet.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Meet Kirti Bharti, the new topper of Bihar Intermediate exams in Arts stream!
- Agra boy seeks PM Modi, CM Akhilesh's help for his blood cancer treatment
- Armoured cars now mandatory to accompany security forces in Kashmir
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Determined Sonakshi Sinha's first 'Akira' poster looks intriguing! – Pic inside
- Turkey allows more patrol flights on Syria border by NATO allies: Official
- Video: How Wales's players celebrated rivals England's exit from the Euro 2016. Crazy!
- Anna Hazare unveils poster of his biopic
- Heartbreaking! Nobody tried to save my daughter as she bled to death, says Infosys employee's father