Nithyananda followers file complaint against Lenin
Bangalore: Followers of self-styled godman
Nithyananda Swami have filed a complaint in a local court
against a former devotee, who shot the alleged footage showing
him in a compromising position with an actress, seeking
immediate action against him.
Failing to get their FIR registered, a follower along
with a lawyer and a supporter proceeded to Magistrate Court in
Ramanagara, yesterday and filed a private complaint against
Lenin, the followers said in a press release here.
The court has taken cognizance of the complaint and
called for a sworn-in statement to be made by September four,
the release said.
The followers alleged that they had tried to file an FIR
against Lenin Karuppan but police refused to register it. A
similar attempt to approach the office of the Superintendent
of Police also met with the same result, the release said.
The followers alleged that Lenin had continued to abuse
Nithyananda and the organisation in public and private forums
accusing him of sexual misconduct.
Nithyananda was embroiled in a controversy after a
purported video footage showing him in a compromising position
with a Tamil actress was aired on some local TV channels in
March. Cases of rape and other offences were registered
against him in Tamil Nadu and transferred to Karnataka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire