No anti-incumbency factor in Kerala: Balakrishnan
Thiruvananthapuram: CPI(M) politburo member
and state Home Minister Kodiyeri Balakrishnan on Wedbnesday said there
is no anti-incumbency factor working against the ruling Left
Democratic Front in Kerala ahead of the April 13 assembly
Addressing a meet-the-press programme here, he said people
would cast their votes against the `anti-people` policies of
the Congress-led UPA government at the Centre, which was
responsible for unprecedented price rise in the country.
While the UPA government was steeped in corruption, top
UDF leaders in Kerala were facing several corruption charges,
"The internal strife in the Congress, which came to the
fore with the announcement of its candidates` list, would
intensify in the coming days," he said.
He said former Minister and senior Congress leader K K
Ramachandran had already charged that many in his party got
seats after paying money. The IUML also had candidates who
got accommodated in such `payment seats,` he alleged.
"The Election Commission which has a system to check paid
news, will now have to look into charges of payment seats
also," Balakrishnan said.
Denying reports that there was secret alliance between
CPI-M and BJP, he said the Congress should explain why it did
not put up a candidate in Nemom in the capital where senior
BJP leader O Rajagopal was contesting. The UDF had left the
seat to its partner Socialist Janata-Democratic, he said.
Balakrishnan said KPCC president Ramesh Chennithala, who
had the `backing` of Rahul Gandhi, would outsmart Oommen
Chandy after the elections.
To a question on the attack on a television channel scribe
by CPI-M workers at Kannur on Monday, he said the incident was
isolated and would be examined. "Our party is of the view that
journalists should be allowed to work freely,` he said.
The party had decided that its leaders would not be sent to
talk shows being held by mediapersons who were not able to
handle the show properly, he added.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read