‘No breach of security during PM`s Kerala visit’
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala government on Wednesday said there was no breach of security during Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s visit to the state last week when a private car almost entered the road through which his convoy was moving.
Home Minister Kodiyeri Balakrishnan told the Assembly that when police personnel in the pilot car of the convoy noticed the private vehicle they turned it away and it did not pose any security threat.
He was replying to a submission by K Babu (Cong) on the December 25 incident when Singh was proceeding to Thrissur Town Hall from Kuttanellur helipad to pay homage to veteran Congress leader K Karunakaran, who died on December 23.
However, DGP Jacob Punnoose had been asked to probe how the lapse occurred as policemen had been posted in the area, he said.
Though the Prime Minister`s visit was at a short notice, the police force had done a commendable job, he said.
Babu said that incident was a serious matter and needed a probe to ensure that such things did not repeat.
The eight-km road between Kuttanellur and Town Hall had been blocked by police for the safe passage of the convoy.
However, when it reached Nadathara Junction, the private car ran into the main road causing anxiety to the Special Protection Group and the police.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Watch: Jeff Williams shares wide view of Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming from space!
- 1st Test, Day 3: Sri Lanka vs Australia - As it happened...
- Bail plea of Amanatullah Khan, accused of threatening woman with rape and murder, to be heard today
- Bhagwant Mann FB video row: Deadline for AAP MP to depose before parliamentary panel ends today
- Donald Trump was 'being sarcastic' over Russia hacking comments