No decision taken to hike power tariff
Kozhikode: The UDF Government in Kerala had no proposal to hike power tariff, state Electricity Minister Aryadan Mohammed on Sunday said.
`The state government has not decided to hike the power tariff. It is the government which takes the final decision whether to increase the tariff or not. Till now we have not decided for a hike...,` he told reporters when asked whether the government planned to effect an increase.
Faced with a grim power crunch, electricity charges for household customers in the state were sharply increased last week to Rs 10 per unit for consumptions above 300 units a month.
Earlier, speaking at a function here, Mohammed said the some extremist organisations were trying to infiltrate certain political parties.
`Organisations which are of extremist character like SDPI and SIMI are trying to enter into certain political parties," he said cautioning that it was important that such elements were not allowed to enter the political parties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday