No decision taken to hike power tariff
Kozhikode: The UDF Government in Kerala had no proposal to hike power tariff, state Electricity Minister Aryadan Mohammed on Sunday said.
`The state government has not decided to hike the power tariff. It is the government which takes the final decision whether to increase the tariff or not. Till now we have not decided for a hike...,` he told reporters when asked whether the government planned to effect an increase.
Faced with a grim power crunch, electricity charges for household customers in the state were sharply increased last week to Rs 10 per unit for consumptions above 300 units a month.
Earlier, speaking at a function here, Mohammed said the some extremist organisations were trying to infiltrate certain political parties.
`Organisations which are of extremist character like SDPI and SIMI are trying to enter into certain political parties," he said cautioning that it was important that such elements were not allowed to enter the political parties.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani