No decision taken to hike power tariff
Kozhikode: The UDF Government in Kerala had no proposal to hike power tariff, state Electricity Minister Aryadan Mohammed on Sunday said.
`The state government has not decided to hike the power tariff. It is the government which takes the final decision whether to increase the tariff or not. Till now we have not decided for a hike...,` he told reporters when asked whether the government planned to effect an increase.
Faced with a grim power crunch, electricity charges for household customers in the state were sharply increased last week to Rs 10 per unit for consumptions above 300 units a month.
Earlier, speaking at a function here, Mohammed said the some extremist organisations were trying to infiltrate certain political parties.
`Organisations which are of extremist character like SDPI and SIMI are trying to enter into certain political parties," he said cautioning that it was important that such elements were not allowed to enter the political parties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites