No decision taken to hike power tariff
Kozhikode: The UDF Government in Kerala had no proposal to hike power tariff, state Electricity Minister Aryadan Mohammed on Sunday said.
`The state government has not decided to hike the power tariff. It is the government which takes the final decision whether to increase the tariff or not. Till now we have not decided for a hike...,` he told reporters when asked whether the government planned to effect an increase.
Faced with a grim power crunch, electricity charges for household customers in the state were sharply increased last week to Rs 10 per unit for consumptions above 300 units a month.
Earlier, speaking at a function here, Mohammed said the some extremist organisations were trying to infiltrate certain political parties.
`Organisations which are of extremist character like SDPI and SIMI are trying to enter into certain political parties," he said cautioning that it was important that such elements were not allowed to enter the political parties.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray