No encroachment of government land: Sreenijan
Thrissur: National Human Rights Commission
Chairman Justice KG Balakrishnan`s son-in-law PV Sreenijan
on Friday rejected reports that he had encroached over 30 cents of
government land in the district and said he had not received
any notice asking him to vacate the property where his resort
was coming up.
Following media reports, he had yesterday sent a statement
to the Irrigation authorities saying he had not encroached
even an inch of government land, Sreenijan said here.
He maintained he had not received any notice from the
Kerala Irrigation Department asking him to vacate the property
at Kalloor, where he was constructing a resort.
Irrigation department sources said a notice had been sent
by registered post to Sreenijan on July 29 asking him to
vacate the encroached land within seven days.
Former CJI`s son-in-law said he had communicated to the
Revenue Department five months ago that he had not encroached
the land as was being alleged.
His comments come two days after Mukundapuram Tahsildar Joy
John said survey department officials who recently surveyed
the land had confirmed that 32 cents in Sreeniajan`s
possession was government land.
There have been allegations of corruption and amassment of
wealth disproportionate to their known sources of income
against the former Chief Justice of India`s two sons-in-law
and younger brother.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!