`No evidence of any intentional transfer of files`
Kochi: In the wake of reports about Chinese hackers allegedly penetrating Naval files, Chief of Naval Staff Admiral DK Joshi on Saturday said there is so far no evidence of any `intentional` transfer of files to anybody.
"In the cyber domain, while all the policy guidelines are in place, mostly unwittingly our personnel end up posting essentially official stuff- not classified or highly classified- they take it home or to their personal machine to facilitate their work and certainly so far there has no evidence of its intentional transfer to anybody," he said.
"It is in your machine which is not safeguarded, can be accessed. So, we take a very serious view of the cyber-related issues," he told reporters when asked about reports on Chinese hackers penetrating Naval files.
The Navy`s networks were recently attacked by Chinese hackers in Vishakhapatnam, after which the force had to order a Board of Inquiry against some of its officers for allegedly breaching IT security.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt