`No illegality in ordering CBI probe into conspiracy to kill RMP leader`
Kochi: Director General of Prosecutions T Asaf Ali on Thursday advised the Kerala government that there was no illegality in ordering a CBI probe into the conspiracy charge relating to the murder of T P Chandrasekharan, founder leader of Revolutionary Marxist Party, a breakaway group of CPI(M).
The legal advise was given after the state had sought the DGP`s opinion on a CBI probe into the conspiracy charge of the murder.
Earlier, the Chombal police station in Kozhikode had registered a case relating to the conspiracy charge of the murder case and filed a chargesheet before the court.
The committal proceedings relating to the case is pending before a magistrate court in Kozhikode district.
The Special Court at Kozhikode had recently sentenced 11 persons, including three local CPI(M) functionaries, to life imprisonment in the case.
RMP and Chandrasekharan`s widow, Rema, has also sought a CBI probe into the killing and has threatened to go on fast, demanding the same.
Chandrasekharan, a former CPI(M) worker from the red bastion Onjiyam near Vatakara in north Kerala, was hacked to death by an eight-member gang on May 4, 2012.
He left CPI(M) a few years ago over differences with the leadership and floated a parallel outfit, the RMP.He was 51 at the time of murder and suffered 51 hack injuries on the body.
The murder had cast a shadow on CPI(M) in the state,firmly controlled by state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan with not only rival parties,but senior leaders like V S Achuthanandan using it as a weapon to attack internal foes.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram