No need to be pessimistic over Modi: Kerala minister
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala`s Finance Minister KM Mani Saturday said there was no need to be pessimistic over BJP leader Narendra Modi becoming India`s next prime minister.
"A strong centre is good for states and we in Kerala need not be pessimistic because Modi is becoming the prime minister," said Mani, who is also the head of the Kerala Congress (Mani) and the third biggest ally of the ruling Congress-led United Democratic Front.
Mani told reporters here that the state would wait and see.
"We will put our state`s needs before the centre and we are optimistic. In case we are not given our due, then we will think what needs to be done. May be we can register our protest, if such a situation arises," said Mani, who has been a legislator since 1967.
The Bharatiya Janata Party failed to win any seat in the state in the Lok Sabha election.
All eyes will be on Modi to see if he appoints any BJP leader from Kerala in his cabinet. In the outgoing government, Kerala had a record two cabinet and six state ministers.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Post Uri attack, India strengthens border surveillance along LOC
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray