`No official report on Maoists along Kerala-Karnataka border`
Kozhikode (Ker): The Centre has not received any official report on the presence of Maoists along the Kerala-Karnataka border, but has asked states concerned to take all precautions, Minister of State for Home Mullappaly Ramachandran said here Monday.
"The Centre has not received any official report on their (Maoists) presence. However, based on media reports, the Centre has asked Kerala, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu to take all precautions and keep a tight vigil," he told reporters here on the sidelines of a function here.
He said about seven Left extremist groups exist in Kerala but have no base in the state.
"It is a fact. But they have no strong base in the state. Some of them are attempting to become strong. But there is no cause for anxiety," he said.
Regretting that atrocities on women are on the increase, he said the party is firm on stopping such incidents.
To a query on Congress MP K Sudhakaran`s comment against the victim in the Suryanelli gangrape case, he said, "It is his personal view. It is not the view of the Congress."
Sudhakaran`s comment during a media interaction in Muscat triggered widespread condemnation not only from the Opposition, but even from women Congress leaders.
The Lok Sabha MP from Kannur had made sweeping comments against the girl and linked it with remarks of former judge of Kerala High Court, Justice R Basanth, who was part of the two-member bench which acquitted the accused in the case in 2005.
To a query on KPCC President Ramesh Chennithala`s statement that Sudhakaran`s remark had not come to his attention, he said, "The KPCC should react when the situation requires."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India