No parleys held on cabinet rejig: Oommen Chandy
Kottayam: Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy today scotched speculation that a reshuffle of his cabinet was imminent holding that no discussion on the matter had been held in the Congress or with the UDF partners.
"No discussions have been held on this so far. Parleys should be held with the coalition partners, also within the Congress and finally get the approval of the party high command. Nothing has happened so far," Chandy told reporters at Kottayam.
Local media have been rife with the speculation that somechanges in the Congress nominees in the cabinet was on the cards with state Assembly Speaker G Karthikeyan being accommodated in the ministry with an important portfolio.
Minor partner Kerala Congress (B), whose lone cabinet nominee K B Ganesh Kumar was forced to resign over a year ago against the backdrop of a family discord, has also been knocking at the Congress`s doors for his re-induction.
Kerala PCC president V M Sudheeran had said yesterday thatno proposal on the cabinet reshuffle had come before the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police