No parleys held on cabinet rejig: Oommen Chandy
Kottayam: Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy today scotched speculation that a reshuffle of his cabinet was imminent holding that no discussion on the matter had been held in the Congress or with the UDF partners.
"No discussions have been held on this so far. Parleys should be held with the coalition partners, also within the Congress and finally get the approval of the party high command. Nothing has happened so far," Chandy told reporters at Kottayam.
Local media have been rife with the speculation that somechanges in the Congress nominees in the cabinet was on the cards with state Assembly Speaker G Karthikeyan being accommodated in the ministry with an important portfolio.
Minor partner Kerala Congress (B), whose lone cabinet nominee K B Ganesh Kumar was forced to resign over a year ago against the backdrop of a family discord, has also been knocking at the Congress`s doors for his re-induction.
Kerala PCC president V M Sudheeran had said yesterday thatno proposal on the cabinet reshuffle had come before the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- India vs South Africa, 1st ODI: Rohit's century in vain as Proteas snatch 5-run win