No sleaze video exists, says Kerala solar scam accused
Kochi: Saritha Nair, the main accused in what has come to be called the solar panel scam in Kerala, has denied reports that a video exists in which she is featured in "compromising positions" with three state ministers and other top officials.
Saritha Nair, while being presented before a court here on Friday, told waiting reporters: "There is no truth in the reports of the video."
Jacob Mathew, counsel of Nair`s co-accused and former live-in partner Biju Radhakrishnan, told reporters at Kollam on Thursday - and reiterated in a detailed TV interview later - that he had in his possession a video that showed Nair in "compromising positions" with three ministers and also officials, including a senior police officer.
When newsmen barraged her with questions as she was being taken to the police vehicle, Saritha Nair said she would wait and watch.
Within the court, the accused woman told the judge that she had a few complaints. She was allowed to speak with her counsel for a few minutes, and granted permission to make a statement which could be recorded later.
Mathew had claimed on a TV channel backed by the opposition Communist Party of India-Marxist that not only was he in possession of the video, but had seen sleazy scenes, featuring three ministers, an IAS and an IPS officer, and five leading Kerala politicians.
Mathew said Nair had recorded the scenes herself, using a pen camera, and the recording was later taken over by Radhakrishnan.
The solar panel scam has been making headlines in Kerala since June 3, when Nair was arrested.
Two weeks later, her live-in partner Radhakrishnan was also taken into custody.
The couple allegedly defrauded people by offering solar energy solutions at huge discounts, and often lured people into investing in their enterprise by citing acquaintance with people in high office in the state government.
Telephone call records of the couple revealed they had been in close touch with influential people in Kerala.
The state police have so far charged the couple with 33 cases. In some of the cases, popular TV actress Shalu Menon was also named as an accused. She is now out on bail.
CPI-M state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan raised questions about the new revelations and the video. "We`ll see, let the video come out first."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why
- Akshay Kumar with 'Housefull3' gang set to sizzle in saddi Dilli—See selfie!
- Megresults.nic.in & mbose.in HSSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board Tura Class 12th Arts exam results 2016 to be announced shortly
- Mbose.in 10th SSLC Results 2016: Megresults.nic.in Meghalaya Board SSLC Class 10th exam results 2016 to be announced shortly
- She's a bae! Priyanka Chopra to get special poster for 'Baywatch'