No sleaze video exists, says Kerala solar scam accused
Kochi: Saritha Nair, the main accused in what has come to be called the solar panel scam in Kerala, has denied reports that a video exists in which she is featured in "compromising positions" with three state ministers and other top officials.
Saritha Nair, while being presented before a court here on Friday, told waiting reporters: "There is no truth in the reports of the video."
Jacob Mathew, counsel of Nair`s co-accused and former live-in partner Biju Radhakrishnan, told reporters at Kollam on Thursday - and reiterated in a detailed TV interview later - that he had in his possession a video that showed Nair in "compromising positions" with three ministers and also officials, including a senior police officer.
When newsmen barraged her with questions as she was being taken to the police vehicle, Saritha Nair said she would wait and watch.
Within the court, the accused woman told the judge that she had a few complaints. She was allowed to speak with her counsel for a few minutes, and granted permission to make a statement which could be recorded later.
Mathew had claimed on a TV channel backed by the opposition Communist Party of India-Marxist that not only was he in possession of the video, but had seen sleazy scenes, featuring three ministers, an IAS and an IPS officer, and five leading Kerala politicians.
Mathew said Nair had recorded the scenes herself, using a pen camera, and the recording was later taken over by Radhakrishnan.
The solar panel scam has been making headlines in Kerala since June 3, when Nair was arrested.
Two weeks later, her live-in partner Radhakrishnan was also taken into custody.
The couple allegedly defrauded people by offering solar energy solutions at huge discounts, and often lured people into investing in their enterprise by citing acquaintance with people in high office in the state government.
Telephone call records of the couple revealed they had been in close touch with influential people in Kerala.
The state police have so far charged the couple with 33 cases. In some of the cases, popular TV actress Shalu Menon was also named as an accused. She is now out on bail.
CPI-M state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan raised questions about the new revelations and the video. "We`ll see, let the video come out first."
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested