`No toll collection from vehicles in Sabarimala`
Kochi: The Kerala High Court Friday
prohibited toll collection from vehicles coming to the hill shrine of Lord Ayyappa at Sabarimala.
A division bench, comprising Justices Thothathil B
Radhakrishnan and C T Ravikumar, which gave the order,
clarified that its stay against toll collection would not
impair the right of Travancore Devaswom Board (TDB), which manages the temple, to collect parking fee in land belonging to it or under its leasehold right.
The court also said that collection shall be made only from the parking site and not from entry routes.
The order was issued while considering a report of the Sabarimala special commissioner on various matters relating to
The court said the TDB had no authority to collect toll
without a notification.
The board informed the court it was not collecting toll,
but only levying parking fee from vehicles.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH