`No toll collection from vehicles in Sabarimala`
Kochi: The Kerala High Court Friday
prohibited toll collection from vehicles coming to the hill shrine of Lord Ayyappa at Sabarimala.
A division bench, comprising Justices Thothathil B
Radhakrishnan and C T Ravikumar, which gave the order,
clarified that its stay against toll collection would not
impair the right of Travancore Devaswom Board (TDB), which manages the temple, to collect parking fee in land belonging to it or under its leasehold right.
The court also said that collection shall be made only from the parking site and not from entry routes.
The order was issued while considering a report of the Sabarimala special commissioner on various matters relating to
The court said the TDB had no authority to collect toll
without a notification.
The board informed the court it was not collecting toll,
but only levying parking fee from vehicles.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai