No truck with Jamaat-e-Islami: Achuthanandan
Palakkad (Ker): Kerala Chief Minister and
CPI(M) stalwart V S Achuthanandan today refuted the Congress
charge that the party had sought support of Jamaat-e-Islami in
the April 13 assembly polls.
"This is a baseless propaganda unleashed by our opponents",
Achuthanandan told reporters here.
The 87-year-old leader, seeking re-election from Malampuzha
segment in the district, said some Jamaat leaders might have
met party secretary Pinarayi Vijayan but that need not be
interpreted having entered into some electoral understanding
with that outfit.
Congress leaders in the state have dared CPI(M) leadership
to come clean on the reports that the party had entered into a
truck with Jamaat-e-Islami.
Achuthandan dubbed as mere "fiction" the Congress MP P T
Thomas`s claim that the former had a few years back written
letters to the party polit bureau seeking removal of Pinarayi
Vijayan from CPI-M state secretary post after his name figured
in connection with charges of irregularities in awarding
contract to Canadian company SNC Lavalin for renovation of
three hydro electric projects in 1990s.
Thomas, who represents Idukki in Parliament, had yesterday
released copies of letters purportedly written by Achuthandan
to CPI (M) General Secretary Prakash Karat on the subject.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH