No truck with Jamaat-e-Islami: Achuthanandan
Palakkad (Ker): Kerala Chief Minister and
CPI(M) stalwart V S Achuthanandan today refuted the Congress
charge that the party had sought support of Jamaat-e-Islami in
the April 13 assembly polls.
"This is a baseless propaganda unleashed by our opponents",
Achuthanandan told reporters here.
The 87-year-old leader, seeking re-election from Malampuzha
segment in the district, said some Jamaat leaders might have
met party secretary Pinarayi Vijayan but that need not be
interpreted having entered into some electoral understanding
with that outfit.
Congress leaders in the state have dared CPI(M) leadership
to come clean on the reports that the party had entered into a
truck with Jamaat-e-Islami.
Achuthandan dubbed as mere "fiction" the Congress MP P T
Thomas`s claim that the former had a few years back written
letters to the party polit bureau seeking removal of Pinarayi
Vijayan from CPI-M state secretary post after his name figured
in connection with charges of irregularities in awarding
contract to Canadian company SNC Lavalin for renovation of
three hydro electric projects in 1990s.
Thomas, who represents Idukki in Parliament, had yesterday
released copies of letters purportedly written by Achuthandan
to CPI (M) General Secretary Prakash Karat on the subject.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics