Noisy scenes in Kerala assembly during budget discussion
Thiruvananthapuram: CPI-M led LDF opposition members today tore away the budget papers and staged a walk out in the Kerala Assembly alleging that Finance Minister K M Mani has ignored their constituencies in his proposals.
LDF Opposition members moved towards the Well of the House and raised slogans against the government when Mani was making the concluding speech on budget discussion.
Mani denied the opposition charges and said budget for the year aimed to have a two digit economic growth in the state, which stood at 9.5 per cent now.
With the opposition continuing the protest, CPI-M member Shivankutty entered the Well of the House and made some remarks for which Speaker G Karthikeyan censured him.
Later talking to reporters, Mani said new development schemes to a tune of Rs 297.47 crore has been announced.
Rejecting the Opposition charges, Mani said, "their attempt is only to show in poor light the glamour of the budget, which has been appreciated by all in the state."
"Some Opposition leaders also personally congratulated me for the good budget presented," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding