North-east monsoon weak over Kerala
Thiruvananthapuram: North-east monsoon has been weak over Kerala. Rain occurred at a few places in Lakshadweep and at isolated places in Kerala. The chief amounts of rainfall reports in cm are Minicoy 2 and Kozhikode 1.
According to meteorology sources here, maximum temperature was above normal in Kannur and Kozhikode district, fell markedly in Kottayam district, fell appreciably in Ernakulam and Thiruvananthapuram districts, fell in Alappuzha, Kollam and Malappuram district changed little in the remaining districts.
Minimum temperature fell in Kozhikode district was above normal in Kannur and Palakkad district and changed little in the remaining districts.
Kannur recorded the highest maximum temperature of 34 degree celsius and a number of stations recorded the lowest minimum temperature of 23 degree celsius.
Forecast valid until the morning of November 1, rain or thunder showers will occur at many places in Kerala and Lakshadweep.
Heavy Rainfall Warning: heavy rainfall will occur at isolated places in Kerala during next 48 hours.
Fishermen Warning: strong onshore winds from Northernly direction speed occasionally reaching 45-55 KMPH is likely along and off Kerala coast and over Lakshadweep area during next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rio Olympics should be moved or postponed due to Zika, suggest experts
- Mehbooba Mufti hints no separate colonies for Kashmiri Pandits in J&K
- Bihar board Intermediate Result 2016 declared: Check BSEB 12th Result result at www.biharboard.ac.in, www.biharboard.bih.nic.in
- Chidambaram wonders if Modi govt 'deserves' RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan
- Iran`s supreme leader Khamenei warns of Western 'schemes' as new MPs meet