North-East monsoon weak over Kerala
Thiruvananthapuram, North-East monsoon has been weak over Kerala. Rain occurred at isolated places in Kerala. Very light rain occurred in Lakshadweep.
According to meteorology sources here, the chief amounts of rainfall reports in cm are Haripad 3, Kanjirappally 2, Kottayam and Mamkompu 1 each.
Maximum temperature was appreciably in Kottayam district fell in Kannur, Palakkad and Thrissur district was below normal in Kollam and Palakkad district and changed little in the remaining districts.
Minimum temperature rose in Kozhikode district was above normal in Kannur district and changed little in the remaining districts.
Kannur, Kochi airport and Kozhikode recorded the highest maximum temperature of 32 degree celsius and number of stations recorded the lowest minimum temperature of 23 degree celsius.
Forecast valid until the morning of November2, rain or thunder showers will occur at many places in Kerala and Lakshadweep.
Heavy rainfall warning: heavy rainfall will occur at isolated places in Kerala during next 48 hours, outlook for subsequent two days (3-4) no significant change.
Fishermen warning: Strong onshore winds from North-easterly direction speed occasionally reaching 45-55 KMPH is likely along and off Kerala coast and over Lakshadweep area during next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?