Not attacking judiciary, but corrupt judges: Sudhakaran
Kannur: Congress MP K Sudhakaran, who is facing heat following his remarks that he witnessed an apex court judge taking a bribe, Thursday said he was not attacking the judiciary but corrupt judges.
"In my speech last week, I never ever uttered a word against the judiciary, but I mentioned that I was witness to a bribe being accepted by an apex court judge. I said that there are some judges who are corrupt. That speech of mine has been taken advantage of by a section and a case has also been registered by police of (Kerala) Home Minister Kodiyeri Balakrishnan," Sudhakaran told reporters here.
Sudhakaran`s statement has come in for sharp criticism from the state`s ruling Communist party of India-Marxist, and even his own Congress party.
However, Sudhakaran said he has apologised to party leaders and was ready to face the consequences.
"I have written an apology letter to the prime minister, (Congress president) Sonia Gandhi and state Congress party chief (Ramesh Chennithala), and I take full responsibility for my speech and my party has no responsibility for it, and I will face all the consequence myself," he said.
Sudhakaran`s statement came at a political meeting in Kottarakara Saturday to express solidarity with party leader R Balakrishnan Pillai who was last week sentenced to a year`s imprisonment by the apex court in a corruption case.
"I was a witness when an apex court judge was handed over Rs 3.6 million in two instalments at the Kerala House in Delhi, by representatives of bar hotel owners from Kerala and they got a favourable verdict," Sudhakaran had said, adding it happened during the tenure of Chief Minister K Karunakaran.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof