Noted artist Antony Vadakan passes away
Thrissur: Noted artist and painter Antony Vadakan, father of Tom Vadakan, AICC Media secretary died of illness on Friday.
He was 91 and is survived by two daughters and a son, family sources said.
He had served as exhibition officer of the Kendra Lalitha Kala Academy.
Antony Vadakan had conducted may exhibitions in Mumbai and Delhi.
His water and oil paintings had been displayed at Nairobi Museum, Jehangir Art Gallery, Mumbai and Lalitha Kala Academy, Delhi.
He was running Kerala Kalabhavan here,imparting training to artists and painters from where several eminent persons learnt the craft.
Kerala Lalithakala Akademi`s secretary, Sreemoolanagaram Mohan expressed condolence over the death of Vadakan.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'