Noted artist Antony Vadakan passes away
Thrissur: Noted artist and painter Antony Vadakan, father of Tom Vadakan, AICC Media secretary died of illness on Friday.
He was 91 and is survived by two daughters and a son, family sources said.
He had served as exhibition officer of the Kendra Lalitha Kala Academy.
Antony Vadakan had conducted may exhibitions in Mumbai and Delhi.
His water and oil paintings had been displayed at Nairobi Museum, Jehangir Art Gallery, Mumbai and Lalitha Kala Academy, Delhi.
He was running Kerala Kalabhavan here,imparting training to artists and painters from where several eminent persons learnt the craft.
Kerala Lalithakala Akademi`s secretary, Sreemoolanagaram Mohan expressed condolence over the death of Vadakan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America