Noted artist Antony Vadakan passes away
Thrissur: Noted artist and painter Antony Vadakan, father of Tom Vadakan, AICC Media secretary died of illness on Friday.
He was 91 and is survived by two daughters and a son, family sources said.
He had served as exhibition officer of the Kendra Lalitha Kala Academy.
Antony Vadakan had conducted may exhibitions in Mumbai and Delhi.
His water and oil paintings had been displayed at Nairobi Museum, Jehangir Art Gallery, Mumbai and Lalitha Kala Academy, Delhi.
He was running Kerala Kalabhavan here,imparting training to artists and painters from where several eminent persons learnt the craft.
Kerala Lalithakala Akademi`s secretary, Sreemoolanagaram Mohan expressed condolence over the death of Vadakan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued