Noted artist Antony Vadakan passes away
Thrissur: Noted artist and painter Antony Vadakan, father of Tom Vadakan, AICC Media secretary died of illness on Friday.
He was 91 and is survived by two daughters and a son, family sources said.
He had served as exhibition officer of the Kendra Lalitha Kala Academy.
Antony Vadakan had conducted may exhibitions in Mumbai and Delhi.
His water and oil paintings had been displayed at Nairobi Museum, Jehangir Art Gallery, Mumbai and Lalitha Kala Academy, Delhi.
He was running Kerala Kalabhavan here,imparting training to artists and painters from where several eminent persons learnt the craft.
Kerala Lalithakala Akademi`s secretary, Sreemoolanagaram Mohan expressed condolence over the death of Vadakan.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145