Notice to Kerala Police on harassment of Muslims
New Delhi: The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) has issued notice to the Kerala police chief on a complaint that Muslim families are being harassed, an official said Tuesday.
NHRC has asked for a report within two weeks in connection with a complaint alleging that the police, in the guise of investigating an attack on T.J. Joseph, a professor of Newman`s College, are harassing some Muslim families.
Joseph was attacked and had his right hand chopped off for allegedly preparing a question paper with derogatory references to Prophet Mohammad.
Members of Muslim families are being harassed by frequent searches and seizure of various items from their houses, the NHRC said.
N.M. Siddhiq, president of the National Confederation of Human Rights Organisations, has lodged a complaint with the NHRC in this matter.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH