NYT carries article on Chandy`s webcasting
Thiruvananthapuram: At a time when corruption
and lack of transparency in administration are the hotly
debated topics in the country, the 24-hour live webcast of the
functioning of Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy`s office
has become news in the latest edition of `New York Times`.
The NYT has carried the report in the global business
section of its internet edition under the title "Transparency
in Government, via webcams in India."
"In an India beset by kickback scandals at the highest
reaches of government, and where petty bribes at police
stations and motor vehicle departments are often considered a
matter of course, Oommen Chandy is making an online stand,"
the NYT reported.
Chandy told the newspaper that he wanted to create an
atmosphere where everything would be transparent.
The site was launched on July one as part of Congress-led
UDF Government`s efforts to ensure maximum transparency in
administration, a promise made by Chandy immediately after his
The website -- www.keralacm.gov.in -- has facility for
citizens to lodge complaints and petitions. People can watch
live meetings, press conferences and Cabinet briefings by
logging on to the site.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves