Oldest Vedic Ritual in Kerala after 35 yrs
Kochi: After a gap of 35 years, `Athirathram`
considered the oldest Vedic ritual in the world, will be held
at the sleepy hamlet of Panjal in Thrissur district of Kerala,
in April 2011.
Considered the ultimate invocation of vedic scriptures for
universal harmony, it aims to promote peace, prosperity and
spiritual enlightenment, trustees of Ottapalam-based Varthathe
Trust told reporters here today.
Panjal was the venue of the `Athirathram` in 1975 under
the leadership of Harvard and Berkeley Universities in the US
and Finland`s Helsinki University. The event had then made
global headlines for its message of peace, universal oneness
The choice of the venue is in line with geographic and
vaasthu principles and the place where the ceremonies will be
performed is positioned to imbibe the energy of the sun.
The organisers plan to approach scientists to study the
various effects of the ritual on the atmosphere and the
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Cristiano steps up to the rescue of "Criticism Ronaldo" at Euro 2016
- Amjad Sabri laid to rest amid tears, thousands attend Karachi funeral
- Euro 2016: Wayne Rooney and Roy Hodgson seek more ruthless from England against Iceland
- Gunman, who opened fire at German cinema complex before being shot dead, acted alone
- 'NSG applications of Pakistan, India should be considered together'