Ommen Chandy inducts 13 new ministers
Thiruvananthapuram: The newly-elected
members of the Kerala Assembly will take oath on June 1 while
election of the new Speaker and the Deputy Speaker will be
held on June 2, Chief Minister Ommen Chandy said on Monday.
Addressing a press conference after a cabinet meeting
following the swearing-in of 13 new ministers, Chandy said the
cabinet decided to recommend to Governor RS Gavai to convene
a short session of the 13th Kerala Assembly on June 1 and 2.
It was also decided to recommend the name of senior
Congress legislator N Sakatan Nadar to be appointed as pro-tem
Referring to other cabinet decisions, Chandy said the
period of rank list of Kerala Public Service Commission which
would end on May 31 would be extended by another six months
following complaints that appointments could not be made
in view of the poll code in force.
The Cabinet discussed matters connected with the
proposal to supply rice at Rs one per kg to BPL groups. The
scheme would be implemented in association with the Centre and
to work out modalities, a meeting would be held with Union
Food Minister K V Thomas on June 4, he said.
"Government wanted to present to the people of Kerala
the scheme as a gift during the coming Onam Festival season,"
A meeting to discuss the legal and other issues
connected with the operation of other state lotteries and
steps to check the `exploitation` by the other state lottery
operators would be held with authorities concerned soon, he
Problems faced by people whose land had been acquired
for the Vallarpadam Container Terminal Project at Moolampalli
in Kochi would be discussed, he said.
Though the project had already been implemented,
issues connected with land acquisition had not been settled.
The rehabilitation of those who lost land would be taken up,
The Cabinet decided to appoint senior lawyer KP
Dandapani as the new Advocate General, Chandy said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145