One and half year old baby beaten up in Kochi, hospitalised
Kochi: A one-and-half-year toddler was today admitted to the ICU of a hospital here with injuries after being beaten up, police said.
The baby girl`s grandfather has been arrested in this connection, police said. Neighbours had brought the baby girl to the private hospital and doctors on examining her found that she had marks of being beaten up. There was swelling in some parts and bruise marks all over her frail body.
The mother of the child is employed abroad, while the father is working in Kottarakara in Pathnamthitta district.
The baby girl and her elder brother are staying with their grandparents, police said. The child`s grandmother told police that the baby was injured after she fell down while playing.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing