One dies, several policemen hurt in widespread violence
Kasaragod (Ker): One person was killed on Sunday
when police opened fire to disperse a group of violent Indian
Union Muslim League activists after they attacked a police
party, injuring at least 30 of them.
Police said they resorted to firing after the workers
engaged in widespread violence, pelting stones and damaging a
The IUML workers, who had gathered to accord a reception
to party state leaders and former ministers P K Kunhalikutty
and M K Muneer, vented their ire on the police party as it
tried to clear the traffic snarl caused by a "bike rally" by
party activists on the sidelines of the function.
The IUML workers confronted the police team after they
tried to clear the traffic snarl.
Additional forces from neighbouring Kannur district are
being rushed to the spot, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi