One dies, several policemen hurt in widespread violence
Kasaragod (Ker): One person was killed on Sunday
when police opened fire to disperse a group of violent Indian
Union Muslim League activists after they attacked a police
party, injuring at least 30 of them.
Police said they resorted to firing after the workers
engaged in widespread violence, pelting stones and damaging a
The IUML workers, who had gathered to accord a reception
to party state leaders and former ministers P K Kunhalikutty
and M K Muneer, vented their ire on the police party as it
tried to clear the traffic snarl caused by a "bike rally" by
party activists on the sidelines of the function.
The IUML workers confronted the police team after they
tried to clear the traffic snarl.
Additional forces from neighbouring Kannur district are
being rushed to the spot, police said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video