One H1N1 patient dies, 4 positive cases reported
Thiruvananthapuram: One person,who was confirmed
to have H1N1 inefection, died in this district last night
while four positive cases were reported in Palakkad, according
to Health Department sources here on Sunday.
A total of 34 patients had been quarantined in hospitals
while 174 patients were under home quaranitine, the Department
said in a release.
One of the patients was undergoing tretment in ICU while
the throat swab of 27 suspected cases had been sent for
examination to competent laboratories.
A 35-yer-old man from Ponmudi area, who was admitted with
respiratory problems, was confirmed to be H1N1 case and died
in the hospital yesterday.
Meanwhile,senior Health Department officials said necessary
measures had been taken for early detection of suspected cases
and their throat swabs would be send for tests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon