One more arrest for planting crude bomb on track
Kochi: One more person was arrested Monday in connection with the alleged planting of a crude explosive device on the railtrack between Kottayam and Kochi a few days ago, taking the total number of those held in the case to two.
The accused was arrested this morning from Mullanthurthy in Ernakulam district, police said.
On August 25, Senthil Kumaran, picked up from a house in Shornur in Palakkad district, told police that he had planted the "lunch box bomb" with the motive of causing trouble to a rival, identified as Thomas.
He had engraved the name of Thomas on the steel box found on the track near a rail bridge. It contained a metal plate on which the the name and number of his rival`s motorcycle were also written, police said.
Thomas and Senthil, both bus drivers, were friends earlier but had a tiff sometime back over some personal issue.
The lunch box containing explosive chemicals, timer, batteries and fuse wire was removed from the bridge across Muvvattupuzha river near Piravom Road station on Thursday, they said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says