One more arrest in lecturer attack case
Kochi: One more activist of radical outfit
Popular Front of India was arrested today in connection with
the July 4 attack on a lecturer, whose right hand was chopped
off for allegedly preparing an inflammatory question paper.
With this, the total number of arrests in the case has
gone up to 11.
The accused, Siyad was arrested from Paravoor in
Ernakulam district, a senior police official said. Siyad
had helped the main accused to escape after the attack on the
lecturer T J Joseph.
A case of conspiracy has been registered against him.
Police had arrested four accused in the case yesterday.
Joseph was attacked by suspected PFI activists for
preparing a question paper which allegedly had derogatory
references to Prophet Mohammed.
He was returning with his family after Sunday mass on the
fateful day when the incident took place.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev