One more arrested in Kerala lecturer attack case
Aluva: One more activist of radical
outfit Popular Front of India has been arrested in connection
with the July 4 attack on a lecturer, whose hand was chopped
off for allegedly preparing an inflammatory question paper.
With this, the total number of arrests in the case has
gone up to 14.
The Special Investigation Team (SIT), probing the
attack, arrested 38-year-old K M Ali from Mulavoor near
Ali was allegedly involved in the conspiracy to attack
the lecturer, T J Joseph, police said. He had also taken part
in the earlier attempts on the lecturer`s life, Superintendent
of Police P N Unnirajan said.
The SIT has taken preliminary steps to attach the
properties of the absconding accused K K Ali and Nazar who
were declared as proclaimed offenders by the Judicial First
Class Magistrate court at Moovattupuzha.
Joseph was attacked by suspected PFI activists for
preparing a question paper which allegedly had derogatory
references to Prophet Mohammed.
- Uttarakhand forest fire: Director of Delhi's Fire Dept to visit hill state today, govt to press MI-17 choppers; at least 6 dead
- First phase of NEET examination today as Supreme Court says allow exam to be held
- Andhra Pradesh to become first 'Open Defecation Free' state
- SC, ST promotions: Shivraj Singh-led government to move Supreme Court
- Bombed Brussels airport departure hall to reopen today