One more arrested in Kerala lecturer attack case
Aluva: One more activist of radical
outfit Popular Front of India has been arrested in connection
with the July 4 attack on a lecturer, whose hand was chopped
off for allegedly preparing an inflammatory question paper.
With this, the total number of arrests in the case has
gone up to 14.
The Special Investigation Team (SIT), probing the
attack, arrested 38-year-old K M Ali from Mulavoor near
Ali was allegedly involved in the conspiracy to attack
the lecturer, T J Joseph, police said. He had also taken part
in the earlier attempts on the lecturer`s life, Superintendent
of Police P N Unnirajan said.
The SIT has taken preliminary steps to attach the
properties of the absconding accused K K Ali and Nazar who
were declared as proclaimed offenders by the Judicial First
Class Magistrate court at Moovattupuzha.
Joseph was attacked by suspected PFI activists for
preparing a question paper which allegedly had derogatory
references to Prophet Mohammed.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH