One more arrested in Kerala lecturer attack case
Aluva: One more activist of radical
outfit Popular Front of India has been arrested in connection
with the July 4 attack on a lecturer, whose hand was chopped
off for allegedly preparing an inflammatory question paper.
With this, the total number of arrests in the case has
gone up to 14.
The Special Investigation Team (SIT), probing the
attack, arrested 38-year-old K M Ali from Mulavoor near
Ali was allegedly involved in the conspiracy to attack
the lecturer, T J Joseph, police said. He had also taken part
in the earlier attempts on the lecturer`s life, Superintendent
of Police P N Unnirajan said.
The SIT has taken preliminary steps to attach the
properties of the absconding accused K K Ali and Nazar who
were declared as proclaimed offenders by the Judicial First
Class Magistrate court at Moovattupuzha.
Joseph was attacked by suspected PFI activists for
preparing a question paper which allegedly had derogatory
references to Prophet Mohammed.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...