One more case registered against Mani
Idukki (Ker): Police on Wednesday registered one more case against former CPI-M Idukki district secretary M M Mani in connection with the murder of a congress worker at Vandiperiyar in 2004.
The case was registered against Mani and three others on the basis of a complaint filed by the sister of the deceased Balu,police said.
This is the third case registered against Mani following his controversial speech last month that the party had eliminated its foes in the past.
The first pertained to his controversial speech that led to re-investigation of some political murders that took place in Idukki district since the 1980s.The second case related to the death of congress worker Anchery Baby who was shot dead on November 13, 1982.
With his revelation causing embarrassment to CPI-M, he was removed last week from the post of District Secretary which he held for more than two decades.
Mani`s speech had embarrassed the party leadership, already passing through a difficult phase and loss of image in the wake of the murder of Marxist rebel T P Chandrasekharan.
Some CPI(M)workers from north Kerala were arrested in connection with the murder of Chandrasekharan, who floated the Revolutionary Marxist Party after his expulsion from CPI-M.
Mani had said the party in the 1980s drew up a list of political rivals in Idukki district and eliminated three of them. Ironically, Mani made the "disclosure" at a public meeting called to explain to party workers that the CPI(M) had no involvement in the killing of Chandrasekharan.
With his speech triggering a political storm in Kerala and outside, police registered cases against him as a prelude to reinvestigate some cases mentioned by Mani in his speech.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre