One more held in lecturer attack case
Moovattupuzha: One more person reportedly involved in the Taliban style attack on a college lecturer, whose right hand was chopped off for preparing a question paper with alleged derogatory references to Prophet Mohammad, was today arrested from Pollachi in Tamil Nadu.
With this, 27 persons have been arrested in connection with the case.
KK Ali, arrested by the Special Investigation Team in the early hours, had reportedly purchased a van from Lawrance of Thrissur, two weeks prior to the attack, for the culprits
to escape after the assault on TJ Joseph, police said.
But the vehicle was seized the same day while the accused were trying to escape from Muvattupuzha.
The SIT had issued a look out notice against Ali, who hails from Kothamangalam in Ernakulam district, as he was absconding since the assault. A Magistrate court had on July 29 declared Ali as a proclaimed offender.
Joseph was attacked on July 4 when he was returning home with his family after attending prayers at a church.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: From US-made bomb making tools to Quran; here's all unearthed from ISIS secret tunnels