One more held in lecturer attack case
Moovattupuzha: One more person reportedly involved in the Taliban style attack on a college lecturer, whose right hand was chopped off for preparing a question paper with alleged derogatory references to Prophet Mohammad, was today arrested from Pollachi in Tamil Nadu.
With this, 27 persons have been arrested in connection with the case.
KK Ali, arrested by the Special Investigation Team in the early hours, had reportedly purchased a van from Lawrance of Thrissur, two weeks prior to the attack, for the culprits
to escape after the assault on TJ Joseph, police said.
But the vehicle was seized the same day while the accused were trying to escape from Muvattupuzha.
The SIT had issued a look out notice against Ali, who hails from Kothamangalam in Ernakulam district, as he was absconding since the assault. A Magistrate court had on July 29 declared Ali as a proclaimed offender.
Joseph was attacked on July 4 when he was returning home with his family after attending prayers at a church.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Fresh FIR against Radhe Maa on complaint by Dolly Bindra
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?