One more held in lecturer attack case
Moovattupuzha: One more person reportedly involved in the Taliban style attack on a college lecturer, whose right hand was chopped off for preparing a question paper with alleged derogatory references to Prophet Mohammad, was today arrested from Pollachi in Tamil Nadu.
With this, 27 persons have been arrested in connection with the case.
KK Ali, arrested by the Special Investigation Team in the early hours, had reportedly purchased a van from Lawrance of Thrissur, two weeks prior to the attack, for the culprits
to escape after the assault on TJ Joseph, police said.
But the vehicle was seized the same day while the accused were trying to escape from Muvattupuzha.
The SIT had issued a look out notice against Ali, who hails from Kothamangalam in Ernakulam district, as he was absconding since the assault. A Magistrate court had on July 29 declared Ali as a proclaimed offender.
Joseph was attacked on July 4 when he was returning home with his family after attending prayers at a church.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune