One more held in lecturer attack case
Moovattupuzha: One more person reportedly involved in the Taliban style attack on a college lecturer, whose right hand was chopped off for preparing a question paper with alleged derogatory references to Prophet Mohammad, was today arrested from Pollachi in Tamil Nadu.
With this, 27 persons have been arrested in connection with the case.
KK Ali, arrested by the Special Investigation Team in the early hours, had reportedly purchased a van from Lawrance of Thrissur, two weeks prior to the attack, for the culprits
to escape after the assault on TJ Joseph, police said.
But the vehicle was seized the same day while the accused were trying to escape from Muvattupuzha.
The SIT had issued a look out notice against Ali, who hails from Kothamangalam in Ernakulam district, as he was absconding since the assault. A Magistrate court had on July 29 declared Ali as a proclaimed offender.
Joseph was attacked on July 4 when he was returning home with his family after attending prayers at a church.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal