One more held in lecturer attack case
Moovattupuzha: One more person reportedly involved in the Taliban style attack on a college lecturer, whose right hand was chopped off for preparing a question paper with alleged derogatory references to Prophet Mohammad, was today arrested from Pollachi in Tamil Nadu.
With this, 27 persons have been arrested in connection with the case.
KK Ali, arrested by the Special Investigation Team in the early hours, had reportedly purchased a van from Lawrance of Thrissur, two weeks prior to the attack, for the culprits
to escape after the assault on TJ Joseph, police said.
But the vehicle was seized the same day while the accused were trying to escape from Muvattupuzha.
The SIT had issued a look out notice against Ali, who hails from Kothamangalam in Ernakulam district, as he was absconding since the assault. A Magistrate court had on July 29 declared Ali as a proclaimed offender.
Joseph was attacked on July 4 when he was returning home with his family after attending prayers at a church.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda