One more PFI activist arrested in lecturer attack case
Kochi: One more activist of radical outfit
Popular Front of India was arrested today in connection with
the attack on a lecturer, whose right hand was chopped off for
allegedly preparing an inflammatory question paper.
With this, the total number of arrests in the case has
gone up to 12.
The accused, Sikhender (28), was arrested from
Muvattupzuha this morning, police said.
He had allegedly prepared the route map and sketch of the
house of the lecturer T J Joseph, who was attacked near his
house at Muvattupuzha.
Sikhender will be produced before the judicial magistrate
court later in the day.
Joseph was attacked on July 4 by suspected PFI activists
for preparing a question paper which allegedly had derogatory
references to Prophet Mohammed. He was returning with his
family after Sunday mass.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?