One more PFI activist arrested in lecturer attack case
Kochi: One more activist of radical outfit
Popular Front of India was arrested today in connection with
the attack on a lecturer, whose right hand was chopped off for
allegedly preparing an inflammatory question paper.
With this, the total number of arrests in the case has
gone up to 12.
The accused, Sikhender (28), was arrested from
Muvattupzuha this morning, police said.
He had allegedly prepared the route map and sketch of the
house of the lecturer T J Joseph, who was attacked near his
house at Muvattupuzha.
Sikhender will be produced before the judicial magistrate
court later in the day.
Joseph was attacked on July 4 by suspected PFI activists
for preparing a question paper which allegedly had derogatory
references to Prophet Mohammed. He was returning with his
family after Sunday mass.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug