One more PFI activist arrested in lecturer attack case
Kochi: One more activist of radical outfit
Popular Front of India was arrested today in connection with
the attack on a lecturer, whose right hand was chopped off for
allegedly preparing an inflammatory question paper.
With this, the total number of arrests in the case has
gone up to 12.
The accused, Sikhender (28), was arrested from
Muvattupzuha this morning, police said.
He had allegedly prepared the route map and sketch of the
house of the lecturer T J Joseph, who was attacked near his
house at Muvattupuzha.
Sikhender will be produced before the judicial magistrate
court later in the day.
Joseph was attacked on July 4 by suspected PFI activists
for preparing a question paper which allegedly had derogatory
references to Prophet Mohammed. He was returning with his
family after Sunday mass.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack