One of key accused in 1998 serial blasts arrested in Kerala
Coimbatore: One of the key accused in the 1998 serial blasts in the city, which killed 58 persons, was arrested in Malappuram in neighbouring Kerala on Thursday, police said.
Kunhimohammed was among the four most wanted and had been absconding for the last 16 years, they said.
He was nabbed at Panangankara in Malappuram after a CB-CID Special Investigation Division team rushed to the town on receiving a tip off, police said.
He had reportedly supplied explosive material and also given asylum to some of the accused in the blast cases.
Kunhimohammed would be brought to the city later and produced in court, they said.
The February 14, 1998 serial bomb blasts ahead of BJP leader L K Advani`s campaign meeting had killed 58 persons and left over 200 injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning