One of key accused in 1998 serial blasts arrested in Kerala
Coimbatore: One of the key accused in the 1998 serial blasts in the city, which killed 58 persons, was arrested in Malappuram in neighbouring Kerala on Thursday, police said.
Kunhimohammed was among the four most wanted and had been absconding for the last 16 years, they said.
He was nabbed at Panangankara in Malappuram after a CB-CID Special Investigation Division team rushed to the town on receiving a tip off, police said.
He had reportedly supplied explosive material and also given asylum to some of the accused in the blast cases.
Kunhimohammed would be brought to the city later and produced in court, they said.
The February 14, 1998 serial bomb blasts ahead of BJP leader L K Advani`s campaign meeting had killed 58 persons and left over 200 injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam