One of key accused in 1998 serial blasts arrested in Kerala
Coimbatore: One of the key accused in the 1998 serial blasts in the city, which killed 58 persons, was arrested in Malappuram in neighbouring Kerala on Thursday, police said.
Kunhimohammed was among the four most wanted and had been absconding for the last 16 years, they said.
He was nabbed at Panangankara in Malappuram after a CB-CID Special Investigation Division team rushed to the town on receiving a tip off, police said.
He had reportedly supplied explosive material and also given asylum to some of the accused in the blast cases.
Kunhimohammed would be brought to the city later and produced in court, they said.
The February 14, 1998 serial bomb blasts ahead of BJP leader L K Advani`s campaign meeting had killed 58 persons and left over 200 injured.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'