Only High Command has right to take back Murali: Karunakaran
Thiruvananthapuram: With Kerala PCC rejecting
his demand for re-admission of his son K Muraleedharan to
Congress, party veteran leader K Karunakaran on Saturday said the
High Command alone was competent to decide the issue.
"As the the process of enrolment of party members ahead
of organisational polls has been completed, the state unit has
no power to take decisions till the polls are over," he told
reporters on the sidelines of a function here.
Asked whether he planned to approach the High Command to
press his demand, the 92-year-old leader said it would be
brought to the notice of central leaders.
KPCC executive had on January 27 decided not to
reconsider its decision against the re-entry of Muraleedharan
who split the party five years ago while heading the state
Majority of KPCC members were against Muraleedharan`s
readmission, arguing he had done "serious harm" to the party.
It was also pointed out that the six-year suspension slapped
on him by AICC was still in force.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!