Only High Command has right to take back Murali: Karunakaran
Thiruvananthapuram: With Kerala PCC rejecting
his demand for re-admission of his son K Muraleedharan to
Congress, party veteran leader K Karunakaran on Saturday said the
High Command alone was competent to decide the issue.
"As the the process of enrolment of party members ahead
of organisational polls has been completed, the state unit has
no power to take decisions till the polls are over," he told
reporters on the sidelines of a function here.
Asked whether he planned to approach the High Command to
press his demand, the 92-year-old leader said it would be
brought to the notice of central leaders.
KPCC executive had on January 27 decided not to
reconsider its decision against the re-entry of Muraleedharan
who split the party five years ago while heading the state
Majority of KPCC members were against Muraleedharan`s
readmission, arguing he had done "serious harm" to the party.
It was also pointed out that the six-year suspension slapped
on him by AICC was still in force.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka