Oommen Chandy concealed facts in solar scam: Achuthanandan
Thiruvananthapuram: Adding a new dimension to the solar scam, Kerala Opposition Leader V S Achuthanandan today accused Chief Minister Oommen Chandy of shielding three prominent persons, including his cabinet colleague and a union minister from the state, over their alleged relationship with scam accused Saritha Nair.
Reading out a written statement at a press meet here, he said the lawyer of solar case accused Biju Radhakrishnan had reportedly claimed that Saritha was "physically exploited" by a Union Minister, a minister in the cabinet and a former minister.
Achuthanandan claimed that Biju had shared this information with Chandy when he met him at a government guest house before the scam surfaced.
He alleged that Chandy had violated the oath of office by concealing this `serious` aspect of the case and failing to take action against his colleagues.
"Chandy would do well by expelling the minister in his cabinet before visuals concerning the allegation come out," the opposition leader said and demanded that the Chief Minister tender a public apology for `misleading` the people and also investigators.
The solar scam pertains to financial cheating of several persons allegedly by Biju Radhakrishnan and Saritha Nair by offering them solar energy solutions.
Both of them are facing cases in different courts in the state and have been on remand for the last several months.
The scam snowballed into a major political row after the arrest of a personal assistant in Chandy`s office for allegedly aiding the accused.
Opposition LDF has been running a high-voltage campaign, demanding Chandy`s resignation over the issue.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof